The idea behind this frozen pie is to blend your favorite ice cream and fruit combination to make a refreshing summer dessert. Try vanilla and peach, chocolate and cherry, butter brickle and apple - you get the idea.
This is a prepared-food dish. What you will need:
- One pie crust - either graham cracker or pre baked pastry.
- One can pie filling or about two cups chopped or sliced fresh fruit (fresh fruit should be soft and ripe).
- About three cups of softened ice cream.
- Half a container of whipped topping (save the rest for the top of the pie!)
Gently fold together the ice cream, fruit or pie filling, and cool whip. Spoon into crust and freeze until ready to serve. Serve with additional whipped topping.
Note: I actually made my own peach pie filling for this pie and it was still too warm when I mixed it with the ice cream. The texture ended up a little more crystallized than I intended, and it was still delicious. Next time, I'm sticking with cool stuff.


No comments:
Post a Comment